Hello! I'm Laurel.
I made an internet famous coming out cake here:
I write for the LGBT blog gaythestraightaway.com
my sister proposed to her girlfriend last night and she keeps making jokes about being engayged
Here is a short film, created by the lovely Hannah Houts, about my life up to this point. I hope it makes you smile!
who wears the pants in the relationship? well preferably no one will be wearing pants
seeing lesbians defend bi women and bi women defend lesbians on this website makes my heart happy
things i needed to hear in health class:
- puberty might make you squishier and its ok
- vaginas have a smell and it’s a ok
- all kinds of people with all kinds of bodies have gr8 sex
- genitals do not all look the same and variety is rad
- people have stretch marks sometimes
- people have pimples on their butts sometimes
- people have cellulite sometimes
- gender =/= sex
- sex =/= scary danger FEAR
- bodies aren’t scary or gross or sacred
- everything is ok
I have a story.
So my sister got run over by a car once. It was a pretty big deal. Well like a year later she got into a little fender bender and was really bent out of shape about it, so I went and got her a cake.
When I put in my order for the cake, the guy at the bakery asked, “Do you want it to say anything?”
And with a perfectly straight face, I said, “‘Sorry you got hit by a car again.’”
He narrowed his eyes a moment, then nodded and wrote it down, and took it to kitchen to get the writing done.
All the way from the back of the kitchen, I hear a woman shout, “‘Again’?!”
"you’re too young to determine your sexuality" said no one to the heterosexual teenager